Friday, December 23, 2011

What We've Been Up To

Greetings everyone! I want to update you on the busyness that we've been going through to prepare for baby. Now that she's about 2 months away from making her appearance, there's lots to do! I am very thankful to have 2 weeks off from work for Christmas break; I really believe this break was made just for me from God. Here's what we've been up to:


  • We took a 3 week childbirth class from the hospital where we hope to be delivering. We learned about breathing techniques, labor stages, pain modification options, and did some hands on practice with labor positions. What a great experience for Grant and I! We had some laughs as Grant counted down contractions for me and breathed along with me. We can't say that we feel confident that we know what we're doing, but we have a better idea of what to expect. 

  • We took a tour of Northside Hospital in Atlanta where we hope to be delivering. It was a very thorough hour long tour of all the main points to know before we spend some "vacation" time there. I took many notes that I will be looking over again and sharing with family members. Because it's in Atlanta, the campus is huge and parking is an issue. I hope some of the notes I took will help if you plan to come to the hospital to visit.
  • I keep saying, "where I hope to deliver", because I found out last Friday that my insurance company is changing starting January 1st. I know that my specialist will stay the same, but I will need a new OB doctor and possibly a new hospital. 
  • Grant has had this week off. He has done an amazing job in her room, selecting a new bookshelf and dresser, putting the furniture together, and organizing everything in between. Weeks before he put together her crib. I'm so happy to have his help! 




Merry Christmas, Family, we love you all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment