Greetings everyone! I had my 20 week specialist appointment today. As usual, I have more updates with the specialist than with the OB doctor. I am grateful to have the opportunity to visit with the specialist and receive such detailed information, although I'm not as grateful for the reason why I have to go (to monitor the high blood pressure that I've had for quite sometime).
We will start off with my updates first: I didn't pay attention to how much weight I've gained because I was too busy talking with the nurse about gaining 20 pounds in the first 5 months. She said that since I was underweight (who knew??) before pregnancy they wanted me to gain a good amount to keep me healthy. No worries there. Also, my blood pressure was 104/68. At first I raised my concerns to the doctor because I didn't want to be too low in fears of black outs (I asked how low was too low and she said when I black out). However, thinking about it, I believe it's a testimony to God's healing power. So many people have been praying for my high blood pressure and here God has shown up in a big way to protect me and baby. So as it turns out, I was the only one who was concerned, the doctors thought it was a fine number, and I'm counting my blessings. Thank you everyone for your prayers! I am having swelling in my right ankle, but once again the doctor said she wasn't concerned and let me know some symptoms to be aware of in case the swelling does become a problem. So glad to report that I haven't gotten sick in a good amount of time and I have discovered a new love for Tums as I think they are helping with the nausea that I still have from time to time. Grant and I may have to grab a bottle of Tums from Sam's, we each have 2 every night!
Now for the baby! I had a new ultrasound tech today and she confirmed that the baby is in fact a girl, she said there was no question. Also, the baby is 13 ounces. At the specialist they do extensive observations on the body parts. Today they seemed to focus on the heart and hands. I was able to see the baby's heart in action, actually watching the blood flow in and out as the ventricles opened and close as you would see in an echocardiogram, amazing!!! Her heart was fine and I was rest assured that they were able to say that with certainty knowing that they spent a good 30 minutes just observing her heart. She was being stubborn with her hands. She kept her hands in the same spot clenched the whole session. Two doctors tried to get her to move her hands, but she wouldn't budge. At one point she opened her hands half way, then shut them again. They were trying to see the bone structure and details that I don't understand. They will try again next month on the hands.
She was sleepy, the doctor said she kept taking big yawns. I told them she must feel as her mother does, beyond tired!! So I'm off to relax a bit before bed time. Sorry to say that her pictures didn't turn out as well this time to share. However, I do have a baby bump picture and a picture of a very special treat from my husband. He also gave me Reeses Cups, but they were long gone before the picture was taken :)


No comments:
Post a Comment