Thursday, January 19, 2012

34 Week Update

Hello everyone! I just got back from an OB doctor visit and spent the last hour talking with someone at my new insurance company. My mind is racing with all kinds of new information; I will try not to unravel everything at once!

First, my new insurance company account did not take effect until yesterday. That caused about 17 days of interrupted care time. Because of that interrupted time, my appointments have not been on a regular schedule. For instance, I was seen today at the OB's office, tomorrow at the specialist's and Monday at the OB's office. Hopefully starting next week I will be able to see the OB every Monday and the specialist every Thursday and stay on that routine. In addition, I am still waiting on a confirmation that I can continue care with my OB's office or if I need to change doctors in their network. When I called today they said they would have an answer in 2 weeks; I expressed my concerns with that timeline and they moved my account review to "urgent". Hopefully I will know an answer tomorrow.

Each week I will be getting a non-stress test which tests if I'm having contractions and the baby's heartbeat. No surprise, Annabelle passed the non-stress today with flying colors. They want at least 3 "peaks" of movement in 30 minutes, my little one did 5 "peaks" in 20 minutes. Each week I will also be getting a bio-physical profile which tests the fluid levels. I will know about this tomorrow when I visit with the specialist.

My blood pressure is starting to go up a bit as I near the end. I went in last Thursday to the OB's office as I was concerned about the numbers that I was seeing at home when I checked on my machine. All of my lab work came back fine. When I was in today the bottom number was a bit high again so they did more lab work. Right now the bottom number is in the low 90's. The doctor said I need to make sure I am resting to keep those numbers at bay. I have always had a hard time resting so I had to ask her for an explanation on what resting looks like :) The doctor did tell me that I do not have preeclampsia, which is a high blood pressure disorder in pregnancy. They are continuing to monitor that status as they run the tests.

The insurance company verified that Annabelle will be covered under my plan for the first 30 days. That verification was my "green light" to go ahead and schedule an appointment with a pediatrician who will be caring for her during that time. I already have a list of pediatricians in-network in our area, we just need to schedule an appointment.

More to come after I see the specialist tomorrow!!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment