Thursday, February 2, 2012

36 Week Update

Greetings! My doctor visits are on a regular schedule now: Monday at the OB's office and Thursday at the Specialist. I have enjoyed seeing and hearing my little one each week! I even saw her opening and closing her eyes as she was adjusting to the sonogram's light. I am very thankful that my employer is working with me and allowing me the flexibility to leave early to go to these appointments. I just have to make it up and work some long days on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Two adjectives that the doctors have used to describe Annabelle are prefect and fantastic. When I go to the OB's office on Monday they graph her heart rate and activity. The doctors have said that the graph is as it should be. At the Specialist's office they do a bio-physical test. The test is on an 8 point scale, she gets 1 point for 8 different categories. Some of those categories are movement, fluid levels, movement of her abdomen, etc. She has earned a perfect 8 each time!

My blood pressure has been good, at times it's hit 90 and a little above, but it hasn't stayed there. I am thankful for an assistant at work and a great husband at home who remind me to relax and help me out!

At work my substitute has been coming each day to "train". She is taking over the class slowly, a little each week, until she is comfortable. I welcome the extra time that I have while she's teaching because I have a lot to do as far as lesson plans for my maternity leave. It's very overwhelming to prepare for an extended leave at work, but I'm trying to focus on one day at a time.

Physically I'm feeling fairly well. I am tired, but not to the point where I am dragging each day. My feet are swelling as I am on my feet a lot at work. One person today said that I had old lady feet, swollen feet in stockings.

We have chosen a pediatrician for her first 31 days. I called the hospital and added it to my pre-registration. The hospital is now all ready for us! No news on when Annabelle will be here. We're just sitting ducks right now.

Annabelle is too scrunched to have anymore good pictures, so I leave you a picture of the next best thing, me!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment